Welcome, we are glad you are here
A little about who we are
Forward with Dementia was created by and for people living with dementia, carers and health care professionals.
We set out to provide guidance, information and highlight available support after a diagnosis of dementia.
The UK Team are:
- Professor Greta Rait, University College London
- Professor Dame Louise Robinson, Newcastle University
- Ms Jane Wilcock, University College London
- Dr Marie Poole, Newcastle University
Our research in the UK is funded by the Alzheimer’s Society
Development and design is in collaboration with Spencer du Bois, UK
Most importantly we would like to acknowledge our unnamed collaborators, the people living with dementia, carers, health care professionals, families and friends who helped develop and design Forward with dementia. And by no means least Angela Mattison for keeping all the plates spinning.
To contact the UK research team, please email: [email protected]
Forward with Dementia UK was developed as part of an international research partnership across five countries: Australia, Canada, Netherlands, Poland and the UK. We share a common mission to better support people and families living with dementia.
This International work is funded by the European Union (EU) Joint Programme – Neurodegenerative Disease Research (JPND), a global research initiative aimed at tackling the challenge of neurodegenerative diseases. JPND aims to increase coordination between participating countries in research aimed at finding causes, developing cures, and identifying appropriate ways to care for those with neurodegenerative diseases.
This international group is led by Scientia Professor Henry Brodaty, Project Leader, Centre for Healthy Brain Ageing (CHeBA), University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia.
The international team include:
- Professor Lee-Fay Low, University of Sydney, Australia
- Professor Yun-Hee Jeon, University of Sydney, Australia
- Associate Professor Lyn Phillipson, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Professor Isabelle Vedel, McGill University, Canada
- Associate Professor Carrie McAiney, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Associate Professor Shelly Doucet, University of New Brunswick, Canada
- Professor Frans Verhey, Maastricht University, Netherlands
- Professor Joanna Rymaszewska, Wroclaw Medical University, Poland
- Ms Kate Swaffer, Dementia Alliance International
- Ms Wendy Weidner, Alzheimer’s Disease International
- Dr Katrin Seeher, World Health Organisation
We invite you to explore this website and engage with us to make a difference in the lives of people with dementia and those who provide support.
Please get involved by signing up to our newsletter and completing the evaluation survey to help us improve this guide and other Forward with Dementia program activities.